Another Monday, come and gone. (No rain, thank God. ‘Cuz, you know, rainy days and Mondays…)
Yesterday Jenna and I logged exactly 12 years of marriage. Birth to earth. Skin to skin. Tooth and nail. Tonight, we’re going out, to ponder over… whatever. It’s so good to be hers. Someone to call my own.
Well, the well of creativity has been unattended for a very long time. (I think there’s some algae growing down in the still water, down there.) I haven’t written any prose or lyrics for… I don’t know how long. Buzyness, laziness, love of sleeping in, fear of rejection, or worse yet… the fear of INCOMPLETION! It all puts a “stop light” (and those little tire-popping prongs) on my road to self-expression.
Been fishing more often, lately. Say, about once/twice a month. The last 2 times, I went to www.DixonLake.com in Escondido. Nothing caught, but got really miffed by a guy who showed up at 8:30am (I’d been there since 6am), throws his line out and ZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!! Cut off me leg and call me “Peggy”, if it weren’t a beautiful, foot-long trout, the kind I’d been pinin’ for! Oh well, that’s the draw of this whole fishing thing: “maybe they’ll line up to bite my line, next time.” :-)
Dad’s having cornea replacement surgery on May 24th. They do only one eye at a time, with about a 6-month recovery time for eye #1, before they do the whole thing over on eye #2. (I tried explaining cornea replacement surgery to my 8-year-old, Emily… it ended up sounding pretty Frankenstein-ish. Donated body parts, and all. Ew!) Anyway, I’ve been pondering making a trip out to visit him, to help out with their move to Kingman (AZ), and to provide filial moral support. I think it would do us good. (I should bring him some pictures… his email is down. Heck, I should set up his email, while I’m at it.)
That’s gotta do it – gotta go. Ciao for now, brown cow.
No comments:
Post a Comment